Thursday, January 6, 2011

some winter vignettes, sorta...








well, i tried to do some wintery vignette's but after Christmas is over...I'm ready for spring! so they're kinda sorta wintery/the hope of spring to come! i bought the "nest" sign& the nest w/ evergreens after xmas @ the store i rent a booth in {Vintage Charm in Old Town Clovis,Ca. if ur ever in the neighborhood;) } at 50 % off. they cost me only 6.50!the little bird i got at dollar tree last spring and gave him a makeover w/ some s.w. "sea salt" paint.the robin's eggs were from home goods- they came in a big box of varying sizes for only $6! i use them everywhere all year, even though they were out for Easter decor in the store. :) the blue green candle sticks were also a home goods find a couple of yrs ago. the big glass vase is from southern living @ home- i believe it's called "madeline".i bought the blue and white sparkly pine cones @ walmart for .50 ea. after xmas. i made the yarn balls in the vase from styrofoam balls and yarn purchased also at walmart. i had the books and just covered them w/ wrapping paper from the dollar store. i guess ur getting a pretty good idea about where i shop retail! anyway, i love it and i hope you do too! it adds a little sparkle where there wasn't any after my xmas decor was dethroned! a few days later, i added this plate given to me by a friend and this little lamp given to me by my sister. Which way do you like better? i think they're both fun, the one w/ the vase of pine cones and yarn balls is probably a little more wintery, but oh well! i really love spring! thanks for visiting and i hope you'll leave a comment to let me know u stopped by! until next time, keep creating! {linking to...my cottage charm-nifty thrify thursday's and wallet friendly finds } and french country cottage for

6 comments:

  1. Hi - Your winter vignettes are lovely! It is a difficult time of year to decorate because, where I live in Canada, we have at least 2 - 3 more months of winter weather until the spring. Spring is certainly in the air in your home! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your vignette is so pretty! I've been in a "nest" frame of mind, too! Love the beautiful print above your mantel! Hopped over from Treasures and Trinkets party...

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an absolutely beautiful blog you have. Thanks so much for stopping by mine and for your kind comments. I am your latest follower. I would love if you would follow me back (if you haven't already). Still can't figure out an easy way to tell that. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What beautiful wintery vignettes!! Loving the nest theme and how you have it all displayed on your mantle and your glittery 'nest' sign - lovely! Thanks so much for sharing this at Feathered Nest Friday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for linking up to Treasures and Trinkets Thursday! I adore all your wintery vignettes...so sweet! Hope you'll come back and link up again next week!
    Hugs
    missy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love bird stuff, so I love your vignette. I'm especially happyy to see that pink painting. I have the same one in a gold frame and have debated painting it white. Now I know it would look good. Not sure if I will use the picture right now, but when I do, I'll be more serious about painting it now.

    ReplyDelete

i love receiving and reading all of your comments! i may not have time to reply to all of them, but please don't let that stop you from leaving them! when i do get the time i will come by and visit you and see what you're up to! i am starting a new business venture so my time will be short for a while, until i get things up and running-thanks for understanding! keep creating!