Friday, August 13, 2010

new old bookcase





hello all, hope you're having a productive week! i sure am! so far this week, i've painted a lamp, recovered a shade for that lamp, painted a night stand, a round dining table and this bookcase. for now that's all i'm gonna show you! the others will come later:). this bookcase was given to me by my mil. and it has seen several coats of paint in several colors. when i got it i painted it green, then later i painted it my fave white, tiramisu. and put scrapbooking paper on the back wall of it. you can see that version here. so after i made my hutch, which you can see here. i had to move the bookcase out. so i repainted it tiramisu and then stenciled it w/ paint i mixed (black and brown). i just love this stencil, it's my sister K's. she once had it in her living room on one wall w/ a tone on tone golden yellow color. it was so pretty! anyway, i just love how this turned out! :) thanks for visiting, i will be linking up to some of the thursday, friday, sat., sun. link parties on my sidebar. please go take a look at what everyone has been up to! thanks again! have a creative weekend!

17 comments:

  1. So creative, I love the bookcase! Thanks for stopping by my blog to say hi!
    --Leigh

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful! You've had quite a productive week! La

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh! I live in New Orleans and LOVE fleur de lis (of course!). beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice! It turned out so well! Great job.

    I'd love for you to check out my site for a fun giveaway!
    http://alittleknickknack.blogspot.com/2010/08/another-csn-store-giveaway.html
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your bookcase is very cute! I love taking things and re-doing them....it's my passion. Looks like you have the same passion I have! :)
    thanks so much for linking up to Treasures and Trinkets Thursday, it was wonderful to see what you've been up to. :)
    Have a great weekend!
    Hugs
    Missy

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really pretty! I love that the detail isn't overpowering the unit. Lovely blend!

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think this is an awesome idea...very creative indeed. Thank for joining in on the party..hope to see you again. Have a great weekend. Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMGosh, I love this. I'm a fleur de lis kinda gal, lol. Just stop by my blog sometimes and you will see fleur de lis' by the dozen Ü

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooooooooh - isn't it cool to get a really great customer!! Yeah for you!!

    I just browsed a bit of your blog. You are Ms Active. You sure get a lot done!! How do you do it?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I so love the black stencil on the bookshelf.....that was brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is so neat with the stencil. I love it. Ok...that's three terrific projects I've seen in one month...I'm following you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for visiting my blog! I love this bookcase!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I wanted to let you know that I have featured this project on my blog for my post revealing my August bookmarks. Wonderful job.

    ReplyDelete

i love receiving and reading all of your comments! i may not have time to reply to all of them, but please don't let that stop you from leaving them! when i do get the time i will come by and visit you and see what you're up to! i am starting a new business venture so my time will be short for a while, until i get things up and running-thanks for understanding! keep creating!