Monday, January 17, 2011

big BIG big coffee table/trunk








hi girls! i've been busy over here workin' up a storm! well not really a storm, but you get the idea.:) i've been painting and re-locating some of my furniture pieces. some of my pieces are now in "The Next Door", it's a home furnishing store around the corner from the store i rent a booth in. i just love it there! they just sell your pieces on consignment-so i don't have to fret over whether i can make 2 rent payments every month. so anyway here is the table- it's a coffee table with the top that opens on 2 sides for some major storage! this is before paint,i also decided not to put the giant ring/handles back on i thought it was better w/o them. so i painted it all black w/ chalkboard paint! yup, you heard me right~chalkboard paint! i thought a hip, trendy mom of a little one might buy this and let the little one go crazy! if not it just looks like flat classic black. i hand painted a few dahlias on top for some flair. how do you like her????

13 comments:

  1. I think she's brilliant! You know your target group too ... that's exactly who I imagine owning this piece! Love the addition of the handpainted flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks lisa! i appreciate you always coming by to see what i'm up to!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for sharing this awesome makeover at my NIFTY THRIFTY TUESDAYS PARTY...hope that you are having a fun time here:)

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely LOVE it! You are amazing the way you hand-painted the flowers. They truly make this piece. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the this trunk! I have a thing for trunks as coffee tables, they are wonderful. I love the dahlias, you have done a fabulous work as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This table is so cute! I love the idea of using chalkboard paint on furniture and the hand painted flowers are adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Howdy! :) Your makeover is great...LOVE the chalkboard paint!
    I'm so glad my kitchen makeover has inspired you! My cabinets were a horrible stained brown mess...I love them SO much now! When we moved here I thought there was NO way I could ever love THAT kitchen, but now it's my favorite room in the house!~ :) You'll have to let me know if you decide to paint them cream. I have three boys and a hubby, so I hear ya about the cleaning, but honestly it hasn't been bad at all. (Mr Clean magic eraser is my friend!)
    Have a great day
    missy :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous and useful redo. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That looks awesome!! Love love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have that same trunk in our cottage. This has inspired me to re-do it since those same trendy moms rented our place and let their little ones draw all over it with crayons and markers. I really love the large rings though, and am thinking cottage style paint mm.....I have to think.

    ReplyDelete

i love receiving and reading all of your comments! i may not have time to reply to all of them, but please don't let that stop you from leaving them! when i do get the time i will come by and visit you and see what you're up to! i am starting a new business venture so my time will be short for a while, until i get things up and running-thanks for understanding! keep creating!