Saturday, July 24, 2010

serenity NOW!!!


hello all, hope you're off to a great start to your weekend! so sorry i've been away for about a week now. i have not been able to get much done lately on my project list, my hubby and i have been helping my mil get her house ready to sell. hubby painted inside and out and i've been painting the cabs. so i haven't had any new pics or projects to share. so i thought i'd share a sign i made for my brother-in-laws b-day a couple of weeks ago. my sister came up w/ the idea to use this line from Seinfeld, you know the one george's dad screams thru out the show. "serenity NOW!!!" It's too funny! she also had a bbq apron made that has the line embroidered on it. the sign will go over his bbq grilling area. this line is fitting for me as well, as we are about 1/2 way thru summer break and the kids are fighting more and are increasingly bored. i need "serenity NOW!!!" i'll be back soon w/ some new pics and projects i just started 2nite! thanks for coming! check my sidebar under "friday" linky parties to see other bloggers great work! EDITED TO ADD: I JUST LINKED UP TO AMANDA'S PARTY@ SERENITY NOW (i couldn't resist once i saw her blog name!)

8 comments:

  1. That sign is a riot! I hope you are having a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by we could so get into a lot of trouble together between the furniture and signs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sign IS funny! And it's true~ I have had a few days like that this summer, when I could have used a little serenity around our house! :)

    I want to say thank you for coming by my blog and for leaving a comment! :) You asked if we can walk in our shoes on it...yes, it's fine to do that, and it won't tear up the floor if you do. Now, soccer cleats would be a different story! But just normal shoes aren't a problem!

    I hope you are having a good weekend, and get a little serenity yourself! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks jenni! and thanks for the info on your cool floors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bwahahaha! I love it! What a great use of the phrase. I say it often. ;)

    Thanks so much for linking up. Have fun visiting around the party. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm going to need a sign like that when I go back to school next week. After a summer of peace and quiet, a day of 7th graders is enough to make anyone think, "Serenity Now"!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your headboard sign -- what a neat idea!
    L.

    ReplyDelete

i love receiving and reading all of your comments! i may not have time to reply to all of them, but please don't let that stop you from leaving them! when i do get the time i will come by and visit you and see what you're up to! i am starting a new business venture so my time will be short for a while, until i get things up and running-thanks for understanding! keep creating!